Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July weekend.

On Saturday we babysat my cousin's baby, Avery, while she went to the Stadium of Fire with her husband. Avery is about a year younger than Ellie but they pretty much weigh the same. And oooh boy are they sooooo funny together.

We had to run to the grocery store so that we could BBQ some dinner. Avery was really nervous and only wanted me to hold her. Ellie would get jealous if I was holding Avery and not her. So Avery rode in the little seat of the shopping cart with Mika pushing, me holding Avery's hand and carrying Ellie. Not to mention that Ellie was holding a duster and was dusting my head. I am sure we looked so ridiculous. 



Ellie dusting Avery's head, once I finally got her to sit in the cart.


We got some sparklers and those little snap things to do while the food was cooking. I didn't think we would have too much success because both girls are so little, but they both loved it.



We were also joined by three little neighbor girls that decided Ellie and Avery needed help with the snaps.



We let Ellie have a sparkler and she was so nervous. She didn't move the entire time it was lit. 




Ellie also decided to run through the sprinklers with a dress on. 


And this is what Avery did while Ellie ran through the sprinklers. So funny, I can't get over her face.


Ellie woke up the next morning and said, "mom, where did my sister Avery go?" I had to correct her that they were cousins and friends, not sisters. haha. But I am glad that they were able to play together so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment