Monday, September 17, 2012

Paper book wreath.

We used old books as center pieces at our wedding, therefore we have a huge box of old books, now just sitting at our house. Mika keeps telling me I need to do something with them or get rid of them. All of the books are so old and full of character, I don't just want to throw them out. So now I have to come up with some projects and uses for them.

 Official center piece.


 Sign in table at our wedding.

So this is what I came up with:
My paper book wreath.


It was super easy, I should have made a tutorial, but I am not that cool.

Supplies:
One book
Foam wreath
About a yard of ribbon
Hot glue gun

1. Cut the book pages up into leaf shapes and fold/crease them in half.
2. Start glue them onto the foam wreath, layering them in a circle. I used a pencil to press each leaf down, so I didn't burn myself with the hot glue.
3. Just keep adding leafs, the more you add, the better it looks.
4. Hot glue some of the ribbon to the back, to make some form of a hook to hold it up.
5. Tie a bow and then stick it on the front somewhere.

Super easy & cheap.

Now I just need to come up with a few more things to do with the rest of the books.
(This project only took one book. Ha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment