Monday, February 27, 2012

Bye-bye appendix

In the middle of night on Wednesday, I woke up with a sharp pain on my right side.
All day Thursday, I was still in pain and literally couldn't keep anything down. I was even throwing up water.
That night it was bad enough that, I decided to go to the hospital, just to make sure everything was okay, with the baby and all. 
After doing blood work, an ultrasound and a MRI, they determined that I needed to have my appendix taken out. I was so glad that it was just my appendix and nothing was wrong with the baby.

 My appendix

My uterus

They took out my appendix by laparoscopy. So they cut in through my belly button and then three small cuts, just underneath my bra. 

I had to stay in the hospital for two nights, so that they could monitor the baby. She did great with it all, it really didn't seem to affect her at all. Ellie had a great time staying at my parent's house for the weekend. It is so nice that they were able to watch her for so long, so that Mika could be at the hospital with me.

It is supposed to take four to six weeks to fully recover, but I should be feeling pretty good within a week. I am taking work off for the week and have just been at home trying to recover and relax. I think the hardest part right now, is that I am not supposed to lift anything over twenty pounds, so I can't pick up Ellie at all. 

So we have just been hanging out at home. 
I have been re-watching all the seasons  of The Office for a about the millionth time.
Taking lots of baths.
Considering doing some homework . . . I have only done like two chapters. Ha.
Working on some projects that I started a million years ago. . . . . . . . . . . . Maybe I will actually finish them.



No comments:

Post a Comment